To be a disciple, make disciples...

Am I a disciple?
Does what I teach, share and live before others others have a tendency to result in them being disciples?

For the first question: I thought I was, I thought I was intending to be one. And then I realized I really was NOT changing.  In the end, I'm not sure I really knew what that meant. I say, "Dallas Willard saved my life," my Christian life, that is--about nine years ago, picked up his book The Divine Conspiracy, flipping through, felt hope...and that was a turning point in my life.

About the second question: I realized what I was taught growing up, was really way off, it ignored much of the teaching of Scripture, especially how to live life in the kingdom now. Definitely a "believe these things about Jesus and then you'll get to heaven when you die" "gospel" that was preached. A non-accurate "gospel." (By the way, in session 5 I believe, he talks about realizing some of the same things himself--when a young minister, realizing what he was teaching wasn't changing lives. He tells about the truths that "saved his faith.")

In the past couple of weeks I've been in discussion about this author/speaker/philosopher, and heard about this video series, I've been listening again, and loving it! His manner and explanations are so inviting, calling me to godliness and goodness.

I truly thank God for, in this time in history, leading this man, leading me to that book when I was crying out for help, and leading me into a new life.

It's a 12 part series--here is part 1. Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails